Below are just the adjustable fins reviews. Please also see more fins reviews.
- By Dawn from Currimundi, Australia – My son [age 10] loves the fins. Because of his partial amputation of one foot and loss of muscles due to burns. He has always had trouble kicking. With the fins he is able to kick very well. The only thing we have had to do is put socks on him under the fins because the straps rub a bit. The reason they rub is because my son’s skin is very thin due to the burns and breaks down very easily. His teacher who told us about the fins has seen a big improvement in his swimming. Thanks.
- By Connie from Long Beach, California, USA – I can really see the mechanics of how they work the leg, glute and stomach muscles instead of beefing up the calves. I have been trying to think of the words to express how much I love my shinfin
fins but no words seem to do them justice. I have been using them here in Long Beach Harbor and I have also swum with them in San Diego Bay. My niece(6) and nephew(8) tried them. Even though the fins should really be to big for them, they loved them. Their mother thinks the fins might help her back. My other honorary nephew, snorkeled with them at Silver Strand Beach in San Diego. He is amazed at how great it is to dive with them.
- By Tom from New York, USA – I find them ingenious in design and very helpful in swimming. One knows they are there, but just at the edge of awareness. There is not the least bit of clunkiness to them. I find the straps ‘buckle’ and unbuckle relatively easily. Putting them on is an art in itself and one has to take a few minutes to learn that art. Works really well and very comfortable on my feet, unlike normal flippers. I have the sense that the straps take a fair amount of abuse as I pull them through the slots. Good work on a great product.
- By Barry from Virginia, USA – I absolutely love my fins and am really glad that I made the purchase. Thanks for making such a great product and having wonderful customer service. I really appreciate it. I am using them for swimming workouts and training. What I like best about them is that they encourage you to use your whole leg as opposed to just your ankle to kick. I am a tall individual, 6 foot 5 inches, so I am delighted by the fact that these don’t hurt my ankles any more. I am definitely a big fan! I am flying through the water. You can definitely use me as a testimonial. I don’t lend my name to just anything, but I would be more than happy to help you out. I knew I wanted them right away! Thanks for all your help and once again, I absolutely love the shinfin
fins! By the way, my brother wears an American size 15 shoe so he has always been looking for the perfect fin that would fit him and was ecstatic when I told him about your fins. They really are the perfect invention!
- By Anne (swim teacher & coach) from Kilmore, Victoria, Australia – The fins are great, and are sparking some interest at the pool where I work (Kilmore Leisure Centre, Victoria). As you said, they enable swimmers to practice the correct kicking technique, and to maintain it after they take the fins off. I’ve found them very useful in teaching dolphin kick and butterfly for this reason. One size fits most, so no more scrambling around for the right sized fins, which saves me a great deal of time poolside. … and later … One lady in particular thought they may suit her needs as she has muscle wastage on one leg and liked the adjustable fit possible with shinfin
- By Tom from San Diego, USA – The fins work great and the level of comfort is excellent. Finally the limiting factor isn’t pain in my feet. Much different feel from traditional fins, but this is a good thing. I also feel they are more helpful for use with my hip. Rather than stressing all the other joints as regular fins did, pressure is concentrated in a more natural area. I’m still experimenting with adjustment and placement for best performance in surf.
- By Anthony from Hong Kong – My left leg below knee was amputated in an accident many years ago. There is about 8 inches below the left knee. I fit the fin almost level below the left knee. I wear shinfin
fins on both legs when I am swimming. The fins work perfectly on me. I used to have difficulty in doing kick during freestyle swimming. They help a lot in freestyle and especially butterfly. At freestyle, they help to keep both legs in correct kick actions. At butterfly, they help me to ‘feel’ the kick perfectly so that I know how to turn my body at the right timing. I think the fins help a lot to give me a feeling of the kick, particularly in my left leg. Usually, people can feel the kick from their feet. Feeling the kick is very important particularly in butterfly swimming. In freestyle, the fins help me to balance.
- By Amanda from Sydney, Australia – Have really enjoyed the fins this season and am a bit embarrassed by the attention they attract at the pool! My brother and my 11 year old nephew have both tried them and whilst the boy is not convinced the adult thought they were great and could feel them improving his swimming technique after one use! One great thing is being able to share them – much easier than with conventional flippers! But, I am a bit reluctant ’cause I love them so much … maybe more of the family will convert as time goes on.
- By Martha from Tennessee, USA – They are all you say they are and I am very glad to have them. I have been wearing them every time I swim since receiving them. I did have a little problem getting them on at first but that has gone away now that I am used to them. Takes no time at all now to do it.
Above are just the adjustable fins reviews. Please also see more fins reviews.