- By Doug from North Rocks, Australia – Just used the shinfin
fins down at Gerroa a few weekends back. They work very well. Used them boogie boarding, snorkeling and body surfing. I usually wear a bootie or at least a neoprene sock. They feel like they provide similar propulsion as I get with my flippers. However the easier kicking motion used for shinfin propulsion really puts them far above the flippers. No more sore toe or foot joints. I was able to go all day with the shinfin fins without any soreness problem. I will use the fins for snorkeling from a sea kayak, and possibly wearing in a sea kayak to help recovery from a capsize. Good product.
- By Phil from Huntington Beach, California, USA – I wanted to get back to you on my shinfin
fins. I really like the fact that when I am body surfing or bodyboarding in beach breaks, my feet can be free to move in shallow water. In real big surf, I can increase my propulsion greatly by putting on my regular foot propulsion fins also! Thanks for your nice product! I used to use the old Voit USA company UDT fins for many years. I don’t know if you have heard of them. They were real calf cramping fins! No more toe rash from those fins – your new idea is also ending any chance of toe rash! I always worried about toe scars getting infected and it finally happened in Hawaii once. I got growths that were hard to get treated. My shinfin fins tend to self-adjust to big wipeouts most times. My foot fins could come off at times and the propulsion you need is always missed after any big wipeout! Thanks for putting a great new fin on the surf market, you can use my testimonial if you wish.
- By Reto from Zurich, Switzerland – I’m very happy with the fins and I have several friends that want to order them too. What I like most is that the feeling for the water when you swim with the fins is almost the same as without. The only difference is that I feel my legs work better and that I’m faster!!!! The swim club members are wondering what I wear but they hesitated until now to ask. I’m looking forward using the fins for body surfing during my next holidays.
- By Anne (swim teacher & coach) from Kilmore, Victoria, Australia – I’m just back from a holiday at Cape Paterson, Victoria, and wanted to let you know that my shinfin
fins were fantastic for surf swimming, body boarding and body surfing. Compared to “normal” fins I had less dramas getting into the surf, they were great to swim & paddle in, and they didn’t come off even when I wiped out. I also found them great when snorkelling – no leg cramps. Several people approached me to ask about the fins and seemed impressed with their performance. One lady in particular thought they may suit her needs as she has muscle wastage on one leg and liked the adjustable fit possible with shinfin fins. Another liked that they didn’t come off in the surf – she said she normally wears one flipper at a time to minimise the cost of losses in the surf. Others just wanted see what they were. I passed on your website details, so hope you get some further enquiries.
- By Tom from San Diego, USA – I will be using them primarily for body surfing, bodyboarding, and fitness swimming. I’ve had to limit my surfing due to a bad hip but still “need to get in the water.” I have consistently had to tolerate uncomfortable and painful fins (since my pals and I shared our first pair of duck-feet back in the sixties. I’m hopeful your product will provide some welcome relief. The fins work great and the level of comfort is excellent. Finally the limiting factor isn’t pain in my feet. Much different feel from traditional fins, but this is a good thing. I also feel they are more helpful for use with my hip. Rather than stressing all the other joints as regular fins did, pressure is concentrated in a more natural area. I’m still experimenting with adjustment and placement for best performance in surf.
Still shipping but please click for latest domestic and international Covid-19 shipping delays. Wishing you the best of health. 100-day money-back guarantee. Secure online payment.