- By Peter from Razorback, Australia – The fins are going great. They were bought mainly for the wife who has used normal fins before but found them awkward. The new ones are just great. She just loves them. They exercise her back muscles. She used to teach swimming to babies and children and was forever leaning over in the pool and as a result, suffers from back pain. She finds that by doing normal swimming with the fins on, it helps her to keep more on top of the water. Whilst she was a great swimming teacher of the toddlers, she was only an average swimmer. The fins help her greatly in this regard.
- By Garrett from Berkeley, California, US – I gave the fins to my mother as a gift for Christmas. She is an avid swimmer and I was looking for something new she might enjoy. She just called me the other day and said that she was very happy with her shinfin
fins; they are now part of her workout routine. I am very happy that I saw these on the Discovery Channel. Keep up the good work! She says: “I do love the shinfin fins! I also wanted to let you know that using the fins has taken about 3 strokes off each lap when swimming free style. My time has improved too!! Using the fins gives me a much better workout and I definitely feel it in my thighs and buttocks.”
- By Katsuji from Mandaluyong, Philippines – I found shinfin
fins quite useful, and keep on using to strengthen my kick. Unlike others like Zoomer, the shinfin fins do not give me cramp. I found that it also gives me a good cardio exercise, too. Thank you for great invention! I think I was lucky enough to have been able to spot the shinfin fins over the internet (just by the luck really), and would be more than happy if more people also discover the benefits of shinfin fins, just like me. Keep up the good work.
- By Josie from Auchenflower, Australia – I must say that I have noticed a considerable improvement in my kicking style. My kicking is a lot more fluid and powerful. I have been positioning the fins to sit around my toenails as directed. I have large calf muscles and wondered whether this was affecting the positioning of the fins? All in all I am very happy with my purchase and follow up customer care. I actually look forward to swimming laps now I have shinfin
fins – which is a huge turn around for me Thanks for the advice and follow up care. I’m still ironing out the ideal fin position but have been experimenting as you have recommended. I am more that happy for you to use excerpts from our emails. It’s the least I can do, you’ve been so helpful Looking forward to keeping fit and improving my swimming. I’ve just had a look at the stuff I have written in previous emails and must admit that it is advertising gold. But what can I say – a good product deserves accolades!
- By Sue from Old Erowal Bay, Australia – I swim several kilometres a week for fitness purposes and I love my shinfin
fins. It didn’t take me long to get used to them at all. I found that compared to flippers they give me a much better workout. I was having a lot of trouble with my flippers, my feet and toes kept cramping and some days it was so bad I was unable to continue swimming. Since I’ve started using my shinfin fins the cramps have almost completely gone. I am learning to relax my feet more and use my upper leg instead as you suggested. I definitely won’t be going back to flippers.
- By Lorri from Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA – Marc – I am really enjoying my shinfin
fins. The work out I am getting now is a huge improvement. I definitely notice the diagonal balance you speak about. When I take the fins off and swim without them my kick is a lot stronger than it used to be. Also wearing the fins helps my positioning so much that I can use hand paddles without using a pull buoy. I can’t say enough good things about them, I will definitely recommend shinfin fins to fellow swimmers. Many Thanks.
- By Cath from Balwyn, Australia – Well, I’ve been using the fins about twice a week since I received them, and have really enjoyed them so far. For starters I was really pleased by the service and speed of arrival when I purchased them. I’ve never really swum with fins before, as I have had several ankle injuries which make it too uncomfortable to wear regular ones. The forces of normal fins are too much for my ankle joints to bear. I don’t get any pain from the shinfin
fins though, which makes them really worthwhile. Mostly I use them to help me do leg strength work and to keep my heart rate up after I’ve done my fin-less swimming and water-running. I can easily keep my heart rate in the right zone. And today while swimming I worked out I can go harder with the fins than during normal fin-less swimming! I just need to remember to keep up a good rhythm. It’s tiring, which is worthwhile Well, good on you for making something different and functional and beautiful.
- By Darren from Taree, Australia – The fins are going well and I feel that the fins are improving my swimming. When I swim without the fins I’ve noticed my kick has improved heaps over the last month. I’ve had a few inquiring about the fins and have let a couple of friends have a try and they liked the feel of the fins. I will continue to use the fins as they are helping with the core strength I’m in the process trying to build. Well done on a great product.
- By Tom from San Francisco, USA – I love the fins for swimming – it is a great core workout – much better than zip fins. No comparison really. So I am a satisfied customer.
- By Tom from San Diego, USA – I will be using them primarily for body surfing, bodyboarding, and fitness swimming. I’ve had to limit my surfing due to a bad hip but still “need to get in the water.” I have consistently had to tolerate uncomfortable and painful fins (since my pals and I shared our first pair of duck-feet back in the sixties. I’m hopeful your product will provide some welcome relief. The fins work great and the level of comfort is excellent. Finally the limiting factor isn’t pain in my feet. Much different feel from traditional fins, but this is a good thing.
- By Pegleg Jack from Jacksonville, Texas, USA – I bought two pairs of your fins for handicapped persons, and they live up to everything that you have told me they would. I use them every other day, and being a bilateral bka (below knee amputee), it sure has increased my level of exercise and I am loosing the weight that I need to. Have recommended them to all of my friends and have posted your web site on all the sites that I am connected to.
- By Lori from Los Angeles, USA – I have been using my new fins about once a week every week since I received them. I use them for lap swimming at the YMCA … they are a lot of fun. They are giving me the enhanced workout that I was looking for … and months later … I am still using my fins. I am still very happy with them. They are in good condition.
- By Brock from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA – It took me a few times swimming with them before I got comfortable, but I do like them. I am planning on using them for pool training for fitness. I enjoy training with fins to reduce the dependence on my upper body. I used the traditional fin quite extensively while serving in the military and I know that there is too much strain on the small muscle groups of the lower leg and foot. I was interested enough by reading your website information to give them a try.
- By Martha from Tennessee, USA – I am 50 years old, very active sports wise, do yoga twice a week in a class and swim a mile four days a week. They are all you say they are and I am very glad to have them. I have been wearing them every time I swim since receiving them … and months later … I am still using my shinfin
fins. They are still so much better than anything I have used in the past. I am now back to swimming at least three days per week. I would not change back to anything else. All those problems the others cause are gone now thanks to the shinfin fins. Thank you so much for asking and thank you for the fins.
- By Dave from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA – I am enjoying the workouts I am getting with the fins and note that the kicking effort is moved into my thighs and abdomen, as advertised. This has also been great therapy for my knees. While I was recovering from the knee surgery the fins were helpful in allowing a good kicking workout with most of the force moved up into the thigh and belly – but allowing all the value of light force and increased circulation.
- By Swimmer from California, USA – I started to use them and I love them.
- By Graeme from Ottowa, Canada – Yes the fins do work well, I\’m working exactly the areas that need to be worked; lower back & down the coccyx, abdominals and thighs. Yes I enjoy using the fins. They really work the muscles, especially the thighs. I also feel the muscles in my lower back being worked so that\’s good. Also hope to show them off more to other people – prospective customers!!
- By Desi from Brisbane, Australia – I was just planning on using them to tone up. I can really feel them working.
- By Matt from St Louis, USA – I am happy to report they worked out great, just as I expected. Your fins have enabled me to add to my fitness routine. Thank you.
- By Dr William from Puerto Rico – I love my shinfin
fins. They work your quads and abs so strongly that I don’t want to swim anymore without them. Thanks for such a great product. You can use my testimonial. I am a Chiropractor and also have a Masters Degree in Sports Health Science and I have tried other fins and these are the best.
- By Mike from Ontario, Canada – They give me a great workout especially the thighs and the entire trunk area…..which is a pleasant surprise as I’m always trying to increase my strength in my lumbar/abdominal/buttocks area. I’m swimming twice a week for about 45 min each time. So yes I like them a lot, and yes they are just what I need for my strength training. As for one, I’m back doing the front crawl steadily with more authority now…..before my back/ trunk muscles weren’t strong enough to allow me to just let loose…..not quite perfect yet but I’ve noticed a big difference in my lumbar/trunk stability…..a very nice surprise….my knees are feeling better, as I’m getting more power in my legs……..and my ankles couldn’t be happier….I can’t wait to get to the pool now as I’m seeing results quite quickly.
Still shipping worldwide during Coronavirus pandemic. Wishing you the best of health.