We send our Australian fins around the world.
Australian fins dispatched from Sydney
Fast international shipping to your door by airmail or express.
shinfin™ fins and straps are made in Sydney, Australia. So we dispatch our Australian fins worldwide from Sydney. We normally dispatch your fins within 1-2 business days of your order. We use our daily Australia Post pick-up service.
Australian delivery options and times
Australia Post delivery times are in the ranges below. Us the longer times if you are further from Sydney and/or in a more rural area. We offer two options.
- Regular Parcel Post normally takes 1-7 business days and has tracking.
- Express Post normally takes 1-3 business days and has tracking.
International delivery options and times
Your fins arrive by plane in your nearest main city, usually within a couple of business days. Delivery times after that vary depending on the delivery system within your country. So times are higher in the ranges below, if you are further from a main city and/or in a more rural area. We offer two options.
- Airmail normally takes about 3-10 working days and does not have tracking. Most international customers choose airmail. Depending on your country, airmail is usually very reliable.
- Express Courier International normally takes 3-4 working days and has tracking.
Customs duty and taxes
Many countries do not charge any import duty/taxes for goods up to a reasonable value. This value is often above the value of a pair of fins, and even above the value of many pairs of fins. However, it is your responsibility to understand your country’s import regulations. If your country’s Customs Office does charge you, then it is your responsibility to pay them.
We have sent thousands of pairs of our Australian fins to many different countries over the past years. They nearly always arrive within the timescales mentioned above. But unfortunately, there are occasional delays with all types of parcel delivery. If this happens to you, I hope the delay doesn’t inconvenience you too much. The good news is that parcels are nearly always located. Please follow these steps:
- Double-check your email order receipt, to make sure you typed your delivery address correctly and completely.
- Check with your local Post Office. Perhaps they tried to deliver them when you were out. Perhaps they did not leave a notification letter. Or perhaps they left your parcel with a neighbour. Delivery delays are nearly always due to delays in the local Post Office part of the delivery to your address. So your local Post Office can usually help.
- Check with your country Customs/Security Office, as they occasionally delay parcels for spot checks. On very rare occasions, they might hold your parcel for one or two weeks, unsorted and not yet identified in their system. Sometimes (but not always) they put a Customs/Security sticker on your parcel which indicates that they delayed it. I’m very sorry, but unfortunately we have no control over these delays. Also, due to these rare but possible Customs/Security delays in your country, Australia Post will only initiate a search for a delayed airmail parcel after about 3 or 4 weeks has elapsed.
It may help you to describe your fin package to your Post Office to help locate them. So your Australian fins are in a white, tough plastic post bag. The address label includes our sender address. For airmail, there is also a blue airmail sticker and the required signed green CN22 Customs declaration sticker. It states swim fins, made in Australia, the AUD value and the weight (about 0.5 kg per pair).
Our sender address is on your parcel
Our sender address is on all packaging for our Australian fins. So they will be returned to us if they can’t be delivered to you. We have sent thousands of pairs of fins around the world. It hardly ever happens that your fins are not delivered to you and returned to us.