shinfinTM fins help you learn good freestyle, backstroke & butterfly. These swim learning fins teach beginners freestyle, butterfly & backstroke.
Want help learning to swim?
- Learn freestyle, backstroke & fly.
- Lift your legs & body horizontal.
- Natural, streamlined kick from hips.
- Learn same muscles as barefoot.
- Learn correct kick from hips.
- Use thighs, buttocks & stomach.
- Not calf power like regular flippers.
- Develop proper straighter knees.
- No excessive knee-bend like flippers.
- Balance good arm technique.
- Learn stroke timing & breathing.
- Comfortable relaxed ankles & feet.
- Excellent for learn to swim classes.
- Same size fits adults & children.
- Fins are your own swim teacher.
Your ideal swim learning fins?
Would you like swim learning fins that teach you how to swim? Would you like to learn to swim better? shinfinTM fins are an evolutionary way to learn freestyle, backstroke and butterfly (they are not designed for breaststroke). Good swimming aids should teach the same swimming stroke you will use without the aid – that is common sense. Otherwise, like foot flippers, the aid will not help you learn to swim properly and instead will give you bad habits.
To learn to swim properly, your swim learning fins must teach you a horizontal body position with a natural streamlined kick from your hips. Kick power must come from your thighs, buttocks, stomach and torso – the same muscles that good swimmers use. Whatever your speed, your swim learning fins should help you swim with a smooth, efficient and streamlined stroke. Developing a good kick helps you develop a good arm stroke too. Learning to swim using the same technique with and without fins, helps you swim better and faster. Then swimming becomes more fun.
I have designed shinfinTM fins to offer all these advantages and more, for learning to swim freestyle, backstroke and butterfly. By connecting directly to your legs, just above your ankles, your kick power comes from the correct muscles in your thighs, buttocks, stomach and torso. Your feet, ankles and calf muscles are not strained like they are with foot flippers. Instead, your feet and ankles are learning to swim naturally. So they teach you to use the right muscles, in the right sequence, without restricting your feet. They help to keep your body horizontal and they teach you a natural streamlined kick like good swimmers do. So these swim learning fins are a true evolution from foot flippers.
Learn correct techniques for freestyle, backstroke & fly
- learn freestyle, backstroke, butterfly (not breaststroke)
- learn to swim streamlined with a horizontal body
- learning to swim using a natural, streamlined kick
- lift your legs horizontal with straighter knees
- avoid bad techniques like bent knee bicycle-kick
- avoid common mistakes of beginner swimmers
- aids adults and children learning to swim
Learn to swim using correct muscles
- fin power connects direct to your legs
- extra speed from up and down kicks
- correct kick muscles: thighs, buttocks, stomach, torso
- strengthen the same muscles as without fins
- your feet and ankles are free to move naturally
- improve cardiovascular fitness and lung capacity
Learn to swim in comfort & safety
- relaxed and comfortable feet, ankles, Achilles tendons and calf muscles
- no extra calf muscle strain (unlike foot fins)
- learning to swim with slow, medium or fast kicks
- learn to dive and push-off from wall
- easier to walk
- easier water entry and exit
Learn to swim classes & teaching
- excellent for learn to swim classes
- aids full stroke and kick-only exercises
- learning to swim full stroke or using a kickboard
- swimming aids for breathing exercises
- swimming aids for arm technique
- adjust fin on leg to optimise kick technique
Swim learning fins, more from the inventor
These many advantages of shinfinTM fins as swim learning fins apply to all levels of swimmer, from children to adults. I specifically designed them to match natural streamlined kicking for freestyle, backstroke and butterfly. Since about 1990, I have developed over 50 prototypes by observing swimmers without fins, with foot flippers and with many variations of fins, using underwater video equipment and biomechanical analysis. Research included swimmers learning to swim, intermediate swimmers, elite swimmers at the Australian Institute of Sport and Australian Olympic Team swimmers. Testing also included physically and intellectually disabled swimmers. I have developed the shinfinTM design biomechanics to suit all swimmers learning to swim using a natural streamlined kick.
Whatever your learn to swim level, you feel these swim learning fins guiding you into a natural, streamlined kick which helps you learn to swim better. You feel them teaching you to keep your body horizontal for less drag. You feel how they teach you to kick from your hips, with only a little knee-bend. You feel your power coming from the correct muscles in your upper legs, buttocks, stomach and torso (without straining your feet, ankles and calf muscles like foot flippers). You also feel them training your correct body balance for a better arm stroke. With shinfinTM fins, you know you are learning to swim powered by the proper muscles and a good natural kick because you can feel it. They are a true evolution from all foot flippers, particularly when used as swim learning fins.
Foot flippers cannot give similar advantages for learning to swim because they attach to your feet, so they corrupt your kick. Foot flippers stiffen and cramp your feet and ankles, and disrupt water flow. Foot flippers change your ankle, knee and hip movements, often to a “bicycle-kick” with knees bent too low. Most swimming teachers know this. Good swimmers also know this because they feel the changed kick. Even with short foot flippers, they can’t kick at their normal rate, they use different muscles and their body position changes. This is why foot flippers often do more harm than good as swim learning fins.
Swim learning fins reviews
For customer testimonials about people getting great benefits from these swim learning fins, please see swim learning fins reviews.