Fin/Strap Care & Materials: polyurethane fins, natural rubber straps
shinfin™ leg fins are designed for comfort, performance and durability. Follow these simple steps to care for your fins and they will give you many years of enjoyment.
Care of fins and straps
To maximise the life of your shinfin™ leg fins, please rinse the fins after use (especially the straps), keep away from sharp objects and store them out of the sun.
- rinse in fresh water after use
- keep out of the sun after use
- avoid contact with sharp objects
- avoid contact with chemicals, oils or petrol
Fin material is high quality, tough polyurethane
The shinfin™ polyurethane fins are designed for comfort, rebound performance and toughness. Sunlight and chlorine water won’t really affect them. So you should get many years of use from the fins. The shinfin™ polyurethane is a special engineering grade thermoplastic. It is stronger than normal foot flipper rubbers and plastics. It is also much more expensive. But the benefits are worth it.
- excellent flex rebound resilience for power and performance
- excellent resistance to abrasion, cuts and tearing from contact with rocks etc.
- excellent internal protection against sunlight/UV
- for extra long life, rinse and keep out of sun after use
Strap material is high quality, natural rubber (latex)
The shinfin™ straps are high quality, natural rubber (i.e. made from from rubber tree latex). They are designed for skin comfort, grip and durability. The shinfin™ rubber does have additives for sunlight/UV protection. But over time, (as with even the best natural rubbers) sunlight and chlorine will slowly degrade the straps. To maximise strap life, please rinse the fins after use, keep away from sharp objects and store them out of the sun. Then you should get a good few years of use from the straps. Replacement straps are available on this website.
- excellent grip around leg with ribbed strap profile
- excellent stretch recovery
- very good resistance to abrasion, cuts and tearing
- includes rubber additives to protect against sunlight/UV
- for long life, rinse and keep out of sun after use
- check straps regularly for wear and deterioration
- replace worn straps with new straps from this website