Find out how to take care of your fins and straps and what materials they are made from.
Care of fins & straps
To maximise the life of your shinfin
- Rinse in fresh water after use.
- Keep out of the sun after use.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects.
- Avoid contact with chemicals, oils or petrol.
Fin material is high quality, tough polyurethane
- Excellent flex rebound resilience for power and performance.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, cuts and tearing from contact with rocks etc.
- Excellent internal protection against sunlight/UV.
- For extra long life, rinse and keep out of sun after use.
Strap material is high quality, natural rubber (latex)
- Excellent grip around leg with ribbed strap profile.
- Excellent stretch recovery.
- Very good resistance to abrasion, cuts and tearing.
- Includes rubber additives to protect against sunlight/UV.
- For long life, rinse and keep out of sun after use.
- Check straps regularly for wear and deterioration.
- Replace worn straps with new straps from this website.
Some people are allergic to natural rubbers (latex). In this case, you might consider wearing the fins over a wetsuit, or over wetsuit “sleeves” that cover where the straps contact your legs.